Rowenta is one of the most respected brands in the market; it is almost true to say that you can never go wrong with a Rowenta iron. However, it is not every model that performs better than average. These are some of the best Rowenta irons of 2017 that you must consider before making your purchase.
Rowenta DW5080 Focus
This could be the best Rowenta iron in the market based on customer reviews and ratings. It is a handsome iron that is heavy enough to press creases without much effort. Boasting superior 400 micro steam technology, this German made iron has impressed many with superior steam generation and distribution. It has a wattage of 1700 enough to heat it up for any job. You will not be guessing the right temperatures with this iron; it comes with an ergonomic thermostat knob that allows precision when setting temperatures. Read our Rowenta DW5080 Review guide to know more.
- Owing to the fact that it is a 1700 watts iron, it heats up very fast and is very effective in the removal of creases.
- It has 400 micro steam holes on the sole plate that allow superior steam generation and distribution.
- The auto steam feature that matches steam generation with the sole plate temperature removes guess work and allows for easier ironing.
- Aharp precision tip that is ideal while ironing around seams, collars, and the button areas.
- It has a highly polished soleplate that offers superior glide on any fabric.
- Very powerful burst of steam at 100g/min for stubborn creases of removal on difficult fabrics.
- You can straighten your clothes while hanging them through vertical steaming.
- It has anti-calc and self- clean mechanisms for easy maintenance.
- The ant drip prevents leakages and spouting.
- It has auto off for safety.
- Due to a large amount of steam generated, the tank may require frequent refilling.
- Users who prefer light irons find this iron a little heavy.
Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort
This iron is built for easy handling; it has a comfortable handle with a thumb rest. This is a light iron that provides good performance. Read our Rowenta DW2070 Review to know more.
- It has a precision tip that reaches otherwise hard to reach areas.
- 1600 watts power ensuring that it heats up fast.
- It has 300 micro steam holes technology that ensures superior steam generation and distribution.
- Variable steam and vertical steam for vertical steaming.
- It has a powerful shot of steam that is effective in removing tough creases.
- Scratch resistant stainless steel soleplate.
- It has an anti-calc and self-clean function.
- Auto-off function for safety.
- Unlike other Rowenta models, the DW2070 is manufactured in China. There are concerns concerning its quality and durability.
- There are many buyers who have complained about the iron leaking.
- The power cord only measures 7 foot which some people find short.
Rowenta DW8080 – Pro Master Iron
This is a professional grade iron that does not disappoint. It is a solid high power iron that utilizes Rowenta’s steam generation technology to achieve great results. With a comfort grip handle and an easy glide sole plate, ironing is not that difficult. Read our Rowenta DW8080 review to know more.
- It is a high watt iron at 1700 watts that heats up quickly and produces enough heat to generate an excellent amount of steam.
- 400 micro steam holes on the sole plate that offers excellent steam distribution.
- It produces great results because it matches the high power and efficient steam distribution.
- Precision tip to reach difficult areas.
- It has vertical steaming function and a long burst of steam.
- Large water tank and an anti-drip system.
- Anti-calc and self-clean systems.
- It has auto off for safety.
- It has a rather short power cord
- The water tank depletes quickly
- Some buyers have complained of dripping.
- It is difficult to monitor water level because the tank is dark.
Rowenta DW5197 – Fashion Steam Iron
This is an iron specifically designed for the needs of tailors and designers, however, professionals and nonprofessionals alike will find it a great asset. Read Rowenta DW5197 review to know more.
- With 1725 watts of power, it heats up very quickly and produces enough heat for an excellent steam generation.
- It has no auto- off making it ideal for quilting or professional tailoring.
- Stainless steel easy glide sole plate with 400 micro steam holes for superior steam distribution.
- With high power and efficient steaming, this iron produces great results.
- The auto steam function matches the temperature of the sole plate with steam generation to eliminate guess work.
- Ergonomic controls with a precisely calibrated thermostat.
- It has anti-calc and anti -drip system.
- Powerful burst of steam at 180g/min that can handle stubborn creases.
- It has vertical steaming
- It has a dark water tank which makes monitoring the water level difficult.
- The lack of auto off function may be a safety concern especially if it is for home use.
Rowenta DW9280 Steam Force
This is a premium Rowenta model that boasts ultramodern technology. From motion sensors to LED indicators, this is clearly one of the best Rowenta irons. Read Rowenta DW9280 review to know more.
- 1800 watts of power allowing it to heat up extremely fast. It gets hot enough for any job.
- It has a powerful burst of steam at 210 g/min which makes it very efficient in removing creases.
- Unique steam force technology that pushes 30% more steam than other irons.
- Motion sensors that control steam generation making it very energy efficient.
- It has a LED digital display for easy selection of fabric.
- Superior stainless steel sole plate which is scratch resistant .
- The 400 micro steam holes ensure maximum distribution producing professional results.
- It has a self-clean and anti-calc system for easy maintenance.
- Apart from being pricier, than most models, it has a relatively short power cord.
- It has a dark water tank and filling it is hectic.
- Generates a large amount of steam and therefore depletes the tank very quickly.
- It is a heavy iron.
Rowenta DW9081 Steamium
This is a digital iron that employs advanced technology in steam generation to produce more steam for less energy. It is a good looking iron that has one touch controls for precision in temperature and steam settings.
- It has an inbuilt steam pump injection mechanism that pushes 30% more steam into fabrics removing creases in an instance.
- High wattage of 1800. This makes it heat extremely fast and assists in steam generation.
- 400 micro steam holes on the soleplate for excellent steam generation and distribution.
- LED display for accurate settings.
- It has a precision tip for hard to reach areas.
- Stainless steel soleplate with superior glide and non-stick properties
- It has 5 fabric temperature settings to eliminate guess work while ironing.
- Auto off for safety.
- It is a heavy iron and may be strenuous over a long period of use.
- Pricier than many other good models which can do an equally good job.
Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence
- It has a 3d soleplate that conserves steam making it a very energy efficient iron.
- At 1700 watts of power, it heats up very fast and maintains high temperatures during ironing.
- Variable steam that allows optimum performance when working with different fabrics.
- 400 micro steam holes that optimize the production and distribution of steam on the soleplate producing very good results.
- It has excellent steam generation.
- Vertical steam function and a powerful burst of steam.
- It is effective in reaching difficult areas such as around buttons or seams because it has a precision tip.
- Allows the choice of 3 different fabrics.
- It has an anti-drip and self-clean system.
- Some buyers have expressed frustration working with it at low temperatures.
- The tank requires regular refills during ironing.
Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam Pressure Iron
This is a steam iron built to achieve excellent results through the generation of steam at high pressure. It has an eco setting that saves about 20% energy compared to other irons. Being made in France, you can be assured that it confirms to the high-quality standards. Read Rowenta DG8520 review to know more.
- Powerful iron packing 1800 watts of power ideal for a great steam generation.
- Continuous steam generation for up to 90 minutes at high pressures making it very effective at removing creases.
- 400 micro steam holes on the sole plate for efficient steam distribution.
- It has a precision tip to reach difficult areas.
- Very effective vertical steaming option for straightening hanging drapes.
- It has an extra-large removable water tank which is easy to refill.
- Anti-calc system to prevent scaling.
- It is way expensive than most Rowenta models which can still do a good job.
- Because of the large size of the tank, it requires a larger storage space than conventional irons.
Rowenta Steam Irons Best Price
Most Rowenta models fall in the range of $30 to $100. However, there exist many high-end models that cost way more than that.
Even though Rowenta DW5080 does not have all the glorious features of some pricier models like the DW9280 and DW9081 or the DG8520, it offers the best value for money. It has excellent steam production and combined with high power, its results are stellar. If you are still wondering about which Rowenta iron is the best then this is easily the top Rowenta steam iron under $150 mark.