How to find the best steam iron which falls under $100 in 2017?
Did you know that with less than $100 you can get yourself a stellar electric iron? Even though most models lack in this price range lack the advanced features found in the high-end irons, there are a few that offer exceptional performance. Here are some of the best selling irons under the $100 mark.
Which are the Top Rated Clothes Irons Under $100 in 2017
Rowenta DW9250 – King of Irons!
This is one of the best irons you could ever lay your hands on. It is a professional German-made device made to high-quality specifications. It features a precision tip that easily reaches tricky spots. Its high wattage makes it a powerful iron that heats up fast not to mention the powerful burst of steam that can flatten any stubborn wrinkles. You will love this iron more because it has one of the largest water tanks an iron can possess. This is a 12.7 ounces reservoir that will last you through an intensive session of ironing. This is an iron that delivers professional results.
- 1750 watts of power: This is a high power wattage that enables the iron to heat up fast. High power also means that it gets hot enough to deal with creases even on difficult fabrics. This amount of power is similar to what is featured by Rowenta DW7180 a more expensive model.
- Very effective iron: This iron combines high power and generous steam generation to produce great results. The DW9250 has 70 steam holes optimized for steam generation. The result is an advanced steam generation which includes a powerful variable steam. Whichever fabric you are working on, you will find this to be a very effective iron.
- It has a Precision tip designed to reach tricky areas making it ideal for professional use.
- Powerful burst of steam and can be used for vertical steaming. This is ideal for straightening curtains or drapes or hanging garments.
- Easy to maintain because it has self-clean and anti-calc features
- Large 12.7-ounce water tank that goes a long way without requiring to be refilled.
- It has auto off for safety and anti-leak to prevent spillages.
- It has an 84-inch power cord which is somehow short compared to other irons.
- The water tank is not clear and therefore difficult to tell the water level.
Rowenta DW2191 Access Steam
This is a compact iron made to combine convenience and performance. It is among the few Rowenta models that feature a retractable cord. It incorporates premium Rowenta technology that includes 300 steam micro holes for efficient steam distribution. It has an automatic steam function that generates the right amount of steam while maintaining the right temperature. Like most Rowenta models, it features a precision tip for easy reach of collars or button areas while the water drip prevents leakages. You will find that this model shuts itself off after a period of inactivity as a safety measure. To match the steam requirements, the Rowenta DW2191 has an 8.45-ounce water tank.
- 300 micro holes that achieve superior steam distribution
- It has 1600 watts of power which is relatively high power important for straightening clothes.
- Easy cord management through an automatic cord reel.
- It has an automatic steam thermostat that automatically adjusts temperature and steam to match the fabric.
- You can be able to reach tricky areas with the precision tip.
- It requires little maintenance as it has an anti-calc and self-clean system.
- Some buyers have complained that the power cord is bulky making ironing cumbersome
- The water tank requires frequent refills.
Rowenta DW5080 Focus Steam Iron
This is another great Rowenta iron. At 1700 watts it is a high power iron that features the patented Rowenta 400 micro holes technology. Read our review on Rowenta DW5080 to know more.
- At 1700 watts, it heats up very fast and is efficient in the removal of creases.
- The 400 micro holes offer superior steam generation and distribution.
- Comes with a 10-ounce water tank that reduces the number of refills.
- It has a stainless steel soleplate with a precision tip for easy glide and reach into tricky areas.
- Vertical steam with a powerful burst of steam ideal for straightening hanging drapes.
- Auto off function
- Anti-calc system to prevent accumulation of calcium and self- clean feature
- Some buyers have complained about occasional water dripping.
- It is relatively heavy.
Rowenta DW7180 Everlast
Not only is this iron good looking it also features an ergonomically designed handle with an enhanced thermostat for precise readings. It is specially designed to prevent scaling with an advanced lime scale collector while having some of the best technology in steam distribution. Read our review on Rowenta DW7180 to know more.
- Offers unique limescale protection through the use of a limescale collector that is removable.
- It features a polished stainless steel soleplate that contains 400 micro steam holes for efficient steam distribution.
- Powerful burst of steam and vertical steam options.
- 1750 watts of power ensuring fast heat up time and effective creases removal.
- It has a large water tank of 12.0 oz. that give half an hour of steaming.
- Auto steam that matches the steam output to the temperature of the soleplate.
- It has auto off as a safety measure.
- The anti-drip function prevents water dripping.
- The power cord measures only 8 feet and is rather short.
- The water tank is opaque and water level cannot be monitored.
Rowenta DW6080 – Eco-Intelligence Iron
This is by far the best-looking iron you will come across. It is a perfect blend of green and black amidst a flower decorated base. It is the only iron in this price range that features an energy saving function. It is a high power iron that utilizes Rowenta’s 400 micro holes for superior steam distribution.
- With 1700 watts, this is a powerful iron that heats up fast. It also gets hot enough to remove tough creases.
- Very energy efficient iron that uses 25% less energy than other irons. This is achieved through the use of a 3d soleplate that reduces the loss of steam and which concentrates steam production.
- 3 steam settings to fit any fabric.
- Precision tip that penetrates pleats and other difficult to reach areas.
- It has variable steam and vertical steaming to straighten hanging clothes.
- Powerful burst of steam which easily removes creases.
- It has self- clean and anti-calc system for easy maintenance.
- Auto shut-off for enhanced safety.
- The power cord measures only 7 foot and some buyers have found it to be short.
- Even though it has a 10oz tank, it might require frequent refills during long periods of ironing.
Panasonic NI-W950A – Multi-Directional with Alumite Soleplate
This iron is unique because it has a dual tip sole plate which allows one to iron in all directions. It features a high-quality soleplate made of anodized aluminum which heats up fast while being scratch resistant.
- It has a large anti-scratch soleplate that glides easily.
- 1700 watts of power and therefore heats up fast and attains high temperatures.
- It has a powerful shot of steam to flatten creases easier.
- Self- clean and specially treated tank to prevent accumulation of calcium.
- It has an anti-drip function.
- Automatic power off for safety.
- The water tank is not clear hence monitoring water levels is difficult.
Panasonic NI-L70SR Cordless Iron with Curved Stainless Steel Soleplate
This is an iron that gives you all the freedom you would want while ironing. Instead of being tied down by a cord the Panasonic NI-L70SR has a charging port that keeps it hot during ironing. Other than just convenience, it is an iron that delivers good result. Read our review of Panasonic NI-L70SR to know more.
- It offers hassle-free ironing. Ironing is convenient because you can iron at any angle without being restricted by a cable.
- Adjustable steam that allows one to work with any fabric.
- The electronic temperature control allows one to be accurate in selecting the ironing temperature.
- Detachable water tank for easy refilling and anti-drip system to prevent water spillages.
- It has spray mist and vertical steaming for straightening of hanging clothes.
- Auto shutoff for safety.
- Some buyers have complained that it does not get hot enough to be very effective against creases.
- IT has a small water tank that requires regular refill during ironing.
Panasonic NI-L70SRW Cordless Steam/Dry Iron
This iron attests to the high-quality standards observed by Panasonic. Through the use of cordless technology, this is a game changer in the industry. It is very much like the Panasonic NI-L70SR apart from color.
- It gives freedom of ironing at whichever angle you like.
- Comes with a stainless steel soleplate that has superior glide.
- It has stay clean vents that prevent the buildup of calcium
- Variable steam which allows the user to choose the best steam option.
- Vertical steaming feature.
- It has self -clean and anti -drip mechanisms.
- Removable water tank for easy refill.
- They require being heated up before they can be used
- Some buyers have complained that they do not get hot enough to be very effective.
- Their steam generation could have been better.
Rowenta DW8197 Pro Master
- With 1800 watts of power, this iron heats up exceptionally fast and easily removes creases.
- It has variable steam to match different requirements.
- Powerful burst of steam to clear creases effectively.
- It has vertical steam for straightening hanging clothes.
- The water tank is dark making it difficult to monitor the water level.
Panasonic NI-E650TR with U-Shape Titanium Coated Soleplate
- It has a curved soleplate. This reduces tugging and makes ironing easy.
- Adjustable steam that can match any fabric.
- It has nonstick titanium soleplate with superior glide.
- Powerful burst of steam that removes creases efficiently.
- It has an anti-calc feature to prevent blocking of vents.
- It has automatic off for safety.
- The thermostat is not conveniently placed.
- The vertical steaming is not very effective.
- Some buyers have complained about constant water leakage.
Conclusion – Which Iron is the Best from All Above?
All of these brands are clearly top of the league but the Rowenta DW9250 is a cut above the rest. It has the largest water tank and is a powerful iron with 1750 watts. With excellent steam generation, this iron produces excellent results.
Furthermore, If you are short in money and can’t afford it then please read our guide on steam irons under $50 which may suffice your need in your budget.